Senior Commerce Editor
Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/10/2023 1:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Commerce Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Commerce Editor postings
Full Time Job
Senior Commerce Editor
Hearst Newspapers is seeking an experienced Senior Commerce Editor to join the Hearst Newspapers commerce team.
The Senior Commerce Editor will have expertise in service journalism around travel products, shopping, and services. The work is currently published on several current HNP sites, including SFGate.com, Chron.com and MySanAntonio.com. In addition, this editor will have a hand in shaping a brand-new site set to launch later this year.
This position will be responsible for publishing approximately 65 stories a month. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience within a service, lifestyle, or commerce journalism environment, as well as a familiarity with affiliate networks, building affiliate links, and coverage of consumer-focused commerce. Experience covering deals and sales is a plus, as is the ability to quickly publish newsy stories. The candidate best fit for this role has a track record of writing, editing and producing exceptional digital content along with experience assigning work and managing a network of contributors. You should be committed to journalistic excellence while also having mastery of SEO best practices, familiarity with popular SEO tools and experience targeting content specifically for search performance and affiliate revenue optimization.
Location – This is a hybrid role, based at the Hearst Tower in New York City, and working east coast business hours. There will be occasional weekend work on major shopping holidays.
• Publish approximately 65 stories per month through a mix of writing, editing, and producing.
• Ensure all work meets the highest quality standards while also meeting KPIs
• Lean on analytics and SEO tools to track performance and inform future work
• Take a creative, thoughtful, data-informed approach to writing lifestyle and service content; aim to publish content that builds trust while informing and delighting readers
• Become a proactive member of a small but growing team dedicated to driving affiliate revenue growth within a legacy newspaper environment.
• Work collaboratively across teams, including business intelligence, editorial, commerce, revenue and product
• Work East Coast business hours with the occasional weekend work on major shopping holidays.
• 5 years of digital editorial experience
• Experience developing and executing an SEO-focused content strategy
• Solid understanding of the digital media environment and how to create winning, trusted content from conception to publication
• Interest in lifestyle/service journalism and the topics listed above
• Experience with content operations and a proven ability to manage contributors
• Comfort navigating a new CMS and training others to do the same
• Good project management skills with experience managing multiple projects for different teams at one time
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Trello, AirTable, AP Style or similar
• Strong communication & collaboration skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred
In accordance with applicable law, Hearst is required to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role if hired in New York City. The reasonable estimate, if hired in New York, is $80,000-$100,000. Please note this information is specific to those hired in New York. If this role is open to candidates outside of New York, the salary range would be aligned to that specific location. A final decision on the successful candidate's starting salary will be based on a number of permissible, non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to skills and experience, training, certifications, and education.
With 2,500 employees across the nation, HNP represents a network of 24 daily and 52 weekly publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union, marketing services businesses, and entertainment businesses such as King Features Syndicate.
At HNP, we are investing in new and innovative ways to tell stories – growing newsrooms, diversifying tools, evolving platforms – to support the millions of people who trust us each month to help them make decisions, take action and be inspired.
Be a part of something bigger – Your Headline Awaits.