Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2021 5:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Senior Business Intelligence Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst? The BI Analyst provides deep analytical leverage to the sales leadership team on high-upside key projects. Example projects include: Strategic Account Planning Process (identifying top in-market prospects quarterly), retention analysis (e.g. by vertical, size band, product mix, etc.), customer NPS / survey, testing lead gen strategies, and supporting exec meetings.
• Support Sales Leadership Team's strategic projects by providing analytical leverage, strategic support
• Support CRO with analytical tasks
• ''Prototype'' new approaches, such as to lead gen, content marketing, email/outbound marketing
• Manage agenda and schedule for weekly exec meetings
• CRO – Direct Report
• VP of Sales, Retail
• VP of Sales, Digital
• VP of Sales, Classifieds & Digital
• Director of Marketing
• Director of Sales Analytics
• General Sales Managers on ad hoc basis
• Bulletproof analytical capability: Ability to take apart a complex problem, use research and analysis to develop a solution, and drive implementation
• Bulletproof quantitative skills: Excel, BI tools, visualization at world class competency
• ''Nose for the money'': Insight to develop hypotheses and validate quickly
• ''Scrappy'': Willing to take an entrepreneurial approach and drive to a business outcome
• Cultural Fit: Needs to be seen as value-add to hard charging leaders
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education:
• College Degree
• 5 years experience in analytical role (e.g., finance, financial planning, consulting, banking)
• Evidence of analytical skill (e.g., Excel)
Describe the most challenging aspect of this position:
• Winning over hard-charging and skeptical leaders
• Building credibility with executive leadership
• Proving value of position with ''quick wins''
What type of decisions does this person have the authority to make without a supervisor's approval?
• Primary role is to provide data, analytics and perspective to arm business leaders to make better decisions.
What are the measures of success for this position?
• Quality of analysis and insight
• Ability to translate insight into implementation
• Improvement in operating metrics – e.g., retention, new business, average account size
• Improvement in financial performance – e.g., top-line growth, cost of sales This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.