Search Engine Marketing Strategist
Hearst NewspapersAmherst, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/10/2021 6:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Search Engine Marketing Strategist jobs in Amherst-NY
Search all Search Engine Marketing Strategist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Search Engine Marketing Strategist? The SEM Strategist will work with our existing Search Engine Marketing team to provide strategic SEM services for our clients. The SEM Strategist will be responsible for researching, identifying and implementing emerging SEM trends and tactics.
This role will manage all aspects of day to day SEM strategy for clients. As part of the Search Engine Marketing Team, this individual will create new campaigns, develop targeted keyword lists, conduct bid management and optimization, develop advertising creative, prepare reports and analyze landing pages and keyword copy in support of advertiser goals. Confidence, accountability and action-oriented attitude and habits are keys to success.
Success metrics will be based on growth in overall qualified PPC traffic and conversions for a specific customer base.
The ideal candidate should also be comfortable in a client facing role with strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual will be required to present strategic SEM implementation plans and reports to our clients via conference calls. Candidate must be posses organizational and time management skills as they will be responsible for the management of several advanced SEM campaigns.
• Develops keyword lists and ad copy for search campaigns.
• Builds and launches SEM campaigns within Google Adwords and Microsoft Ad Center.
• Creates new paid search campaigns utilizing various internal Web-based systems.
• Designs, builds and analyzes effectiveness of landing pages used in search engine marketing campaigns.
• Performs quality assurance prior to launching campaigns to ensure accuracy of campaigns.
• Makes campaign, ad copy and keyword optimization changes based on analyzing key performance indicators such as CPC, CPL, and CTC.
• Provides monthly updates to clients regarding performance of SEM campaigns and communicates regularly with clients to discuss metrics and trends.
• Performs campaign budget stewardship to ensure campaigns are managed efficiently and target CPLs are achieved.
• Performs in depth keyword research and strategic analysis.
• Performs competitive keyword and strategic analysis.
• Recommends website content and layout suggestions for better user experience and lead conversion.
• Implements lead tracking systems.
• Monitors and implements new and emerging trends in SEM.
• Recommends changes in methods to increase traffic to websites.
• Contributes to the company SEM blog.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
A BA/BS Degree preferred. A minimum of one year of experience in a professional environment. Experience with Search Engine Marketing (Pay per click) is preferred, but not required. Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.