Sales Development Representative
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Sales Development Representative jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Sales Development Representative postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sales Development Representative? Hearst Media is looking for an ambitious, motivated Business Development Representative to accelerate our pipeline in the form of qualified opportunities. You'll be actively engaging and generating interest with decision makers at our target accounts. The BDRs are a specialized team that focus on top of the funnel leads and are also responsible for prospecting activities, qualifying active buying interest, and developing opportunities.
As part of the BDR team, you will collaborate on campaign goals, target markets, messaging, and data analysis. This is a collaborative effort integrating the work of marketing, sales, and sales development in an effort to rapidly increase the volume and improve the quality of new business for our company.
• Strong emphasis on developing creative and engaging email campaigns
• Develop and qualify inbound and outbound leads through marketing automation, PPC, white papers, and organic traffic
• Identifying target demographics to align with sales team strategic goals
• Perform outbound prospecting to generate and uncover leads
• Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on Marketing events and marketing sourced inquiries
• Achieve or exceed set targets for qualified opportunity generation on a monthly basis
• Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call
• Produce a high level of call and email activity daily
• Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
• Source new business by presenting the San Antonio Express News' Content Marketing Platform on a consistent basis
• Build an intimate understanding of the San Antonio Express News' Content Marketing Platform in the industry
• Reach and exceed aggressive KPIs consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, and pitches
Key competencies to be successful at this position:
• Quick Learner – Ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information about our services. Ability to translate that information into specific benefits for our prospects.
• Enthusiasm & Persistence – Willingness to get on the phone and interrupt a prospects day.
• Listening Skills – Letting prospects and team members speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints..
• Resilience & Coachability – We all want to improve our professional skills.
• Team-Oriented and Collaborative – Prospecting is a team sport at FunnelEnvy.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
• Time Management – Intuitively balances quality and quantity of activity to maximize results.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business related field
• 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
• Basic understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology
• Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic sales team culture
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
• Well-organized, a leader, VERY self-motivated, VERY competitive and driven by success
• Experience with lead generation tools such as HubSpot a plus
About the San Antonio Express News:
The San Antonio Express-News, part of Hearst Communications, is excited to announce our continued growth in the San Antonio market and we are seeking Business Development Representatives just like you! Our industry is changing into a digital world, and we are looking for experienced professionals who are eager to facilitate our innovative efforts.
As the voice of South Texas since 1865 providing news and information to over 1 million people, the San Antonio Express-News is able to offer our advertisers a robust suite of digital and print products to help them achieve their business objectives.