Sales Development Representative
Hearst NewspapersNorwalk, CT
Full Time Job
Hearst Connecticut Media Group (HCMG) has quietly become the largest source of local media in Connecticut. We produce dozens of premier newspaper, magazine and online publications that reach over 2,000,000 readers each month in some of the nation's most desirable markets. We take great pride in informing and entertaining these audiences, and we are investing heavily to help local businesses connect with them in new and innovative ways. This investment includes expanding our sales team and empowering them to deliver the most comprehensive suite of marketing products on the market; including social media management, mobile marketing, native advertising, display ad networks, search, email and much more.
A key goal in 2018 is to further expand our advertiser footprint across Connecticut, and we are seeking a passionate and high-energy Sales Development Representative (SDR) to play a strategic role in accomplishing this objective. You will be focused on accelerating our sales pipeline in the form of prospecting new business opportunities, and actively taking part in setting goals, target markets, email blast messaging and campaign schedules. This is a collaborative effort integrating the work of marketing and sales to sequence targeted communication that cultivates and qualifies new relationships with local businesses.
HCMG is also proud to be a division of the global media giant Hearst, which has vast holdings in some of the largest and most trusted brands in media; including ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, Esquire, ''O'' The Oprah Magazine, ELLE, Harper's BAZAAR, Cosmopolitan and many more.
• Perform outbound prospecting to generate and uncover local advertiser leads in greater Connecticut
• Strong emphasis on developing creative and engaging pitches/messaging to engage new business prospects
• Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on marketing campaigns and marketing sourced lists
• Develop and qualify inbound and outbound leads through email marketing automation and nurturing
• Achieve or exceed set targets for qualified opportunity generation on a monthly basis
• Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call
• Produce a high level of call and email activity daily
• Manage and log activity in Salesforce.com daily
• Reach and exceed aggressive KPIs consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, and pitches
Key competencies to be successful at this position:
• Quick Learner – Ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information about our services. Ability to translate that information into specific benefits for our prospects.
• Enthusiasm & Persistence – Willingness to get on the phone and interrupt a prospects day.
• Listening Skills – Letting prospects and team members speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
• Resilience & Coachability – We all want to improve our professional skills.
• Team-Oriented and Collaborative – Prospecting is a team sport
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
• Time Management – Intuitively balances quality and quantity of activity to maximize results.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business related field
• 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
• Basic understanding of fundamentals of online advertising processes and technology
• Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to work in a high energy, dynamic sales team culture
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
• Well-organized, a leader, VERY self-motivated, VERY competitive and driven by success
• Experience with lead generation or marketing automation tools such as Marketo or HubSpot a plus
What's in it for you?:
• A great work environment – it's never boring here!
• Paid in-depth classroom/field sales and digital product training.
• Competitive base salary, commissions, and significant opportunity for advancement within the company
• Collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome
• Casual dress – no suit, no tie, no problem!
• Health, vision, dental, 401K– we have you covered
• Hearst Perks! Hundreds of offers and discounts exclusive to Hearst Employees!