Advertising Sales Director
Hearst NewspapersMidland, MI
Full Time Job
Manage the inside/outside sales staff, working with them to identify, prioritize, pursue and close potential new customers, ensuring that opportunities are maximized in order to achieve current and long-term revenue plans.
• Direct activity and manage performance of a highly effective sales team in multiple locations across the state.
• Manage multiple sales channels include telesales, premise based and remote sellers to meet customer expectations and drive revenue initiatives.
• Manages the business's ad sales pipeline and develops a strategy for the long-term sustained success of the ad sales department.
• Assists in the planning, developing, and evaluating of new advertising initiatives on a consistent basis, developing and acting upon marketing opportunities, based on consumer needs in order to guarantee consumer satisfaction.
• Work closely with the senior management team in sourcing and maintaining high-value consumers to the business in order to achieve sales targets continuously.
• Work with local sales teams to develop actionable plans to attain assigned sales budget.
• Develop and implement sales go to market strategies for current and existing products.
Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• A proven and successful track record of influencing, meeting, and exceeding sales targets as well as the business's overall targets set by the business.
• Exceptional communication skills and even stronger negotiation skills in order to influence the growth of the sales volume for the business.
• Be an excellent team player, be persuasive with an ability to overcome objections, be self-motivated, and have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Must have a natural/organic ability to establish lasting and meaningful relationships that will enable to lure prospective consumers and retain existent ones in the business, leading to constant achievement of sales targets.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).