Projects and Innovation Editor
Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2022 7:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Projects and Innovation Editor jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Projects and Innovation Editor postings
Full Time Job
Projects and Innovation Editor
The Houston Chronicle seeks an Projects and Innovation Editor to oversee our most ambitious digital and interactive projects geared to our local readers. In this collaborative role, the successful candidate will manage the flow of projects from conception to reader consumption and work with leadership, editors, designers, developers and audience strategists to publish exciting digital stories, tools and immersive experiences across an array of topics including news, business, food, entertainment and sports.
The successful candidate must be a journalist with technical and visual experience who understands modern publishing workflows and aspires to create engaging stories through a series of interactive, data-driven tools and templates.
• You have at least 5 years experience in a newsroom or digital publishing role.
• You have an expert-level understanding of modern publishing tools.
• You are audience-focused and have a deep curiosity that propels you to pursue high-quality journalistic projects.
• You're a hands-on leader with experience articulating a vision.
• Meet regularly with editors and other journalists to understand newsroom needs, brainstorm ideas and plan upcoming projects.
• Produce and create journalistically sound projects that are often data-driven or visual in nature.
• Monitor analytics on project performance and help strategize audience best practices.
• In partnership with audience leaders, conduct training for editorial stakeholders in each market on project templates.
• Facilitate communication between newsrooms and leadership as new projects are in development, setting deadlines and check-ins as necessary and helping establish editorial workflows.
• This position is full time.
• This position will have a Monday-to-Friday daytime schedule but weekend and evening work may be required as news warrants.
• A familiarity with Houston and Texas is strongly preferred.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical, including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
At Hearst, it is our mission to be the most trusted, most respected and most accurate source of news and information in the communities that we serve.
We place our readers' interests above all others, and dedicate ourselves to the principles of truthfulness, fairness and independence. We understand that the free flow of accurate information is vital to our system of government and the foundations of our economy.
Come join our world-class digital team!