Op Business Management Sr Manager
Hearst NewspapersFremont, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Op Business Management Sr Manager jobs in Fremont-CA
Search all Op Business Management Sr Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Op Business Management Sr Manager? Bay Area Production Services
Date: November 12, 2019
Position: Maintenance, Facilities, & Operations Manager
Department: Maintenance, Facilities & Pressroom
Reports to: Director of Operations
Leads the maintenance/pressroom team and manages repairs of building infrastructure systems and related mechanical and operations equipment to ensure the most efficient and effective operations of Bay Area Production Services Fremont plant within the allowed operating budget.
to manage and optimizing:
• Maintenance and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
• Maintenance and repair of chillers, cooling towers refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
• Replace air-filter elements on all HVAC equipment as and when required.
• Ensure all exterior roads and grounds are maintained in a first-glass and professional manner; replace exterior lights as needed, maintain lawn irrigation systems, and replace damage sprinkler heads as needed.
• Maintenance and repair of pumps, handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
• Maintenance and repair of dust collector and air-scrubber systems.
• Maintenance and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
• Maintenance and repair of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
• Maintenance and repair of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
• Maintenance and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used in conjunction with the operations power pumps, compressors and fans.
• Maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
• Maintenance and repair of building's lighting, security, mechanical, plumbing and control components, including light bulb and ballast replacement.
• Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based on seasonal conditions to ensure energy efficient operation.
• Inspect and troubleshoot malfunctions associated with the operations of elevator systems.
• Inspect and troubleshoot systems and malfunctions associated with the operations of fire and life safety equipment.
• Act as a first-responder for building emergencies and mechanical system failures.
• Conduct daily inspections of the building's physical property to ensure proper operations of its central systems, general cleanliness, and overall safety.
• Coordinate materials and parts inventory; requisitions stock replenishment
• Responsible for the overall cleanliness and general repair of all building areas within interior premises and exterior grounds
• Lead the print department operation on safety, quality, production and efficiency.
• Manage pressroom department consisting of 20-25 employees.
• Utilize process analysis and Lean Manufacturing Practices to improve efficiencies and workflows and reduce waste and downtime.
• Hire, train and retain top pressroom personnel.
• Work closely with vendors and clients to build strong relationships.
• Oversee press and auxiliary equipment maintenance programs.
• Ensure employees are adhering to core policies and moving forward to help maintain and improve operations in the pressroom.
• Collaborate with senior level management on company policies and future technologies.
• Serve as the Safety Leader for the Plant – conducting safety meetings, injury reviews, and coordinating with HR on processes and procedures.
• High school education or equivalent related experience.
• Required three (3) years of on-the-job industrial stationary engineering and/ or building mechanical or other technician experience concerning building operations.
• Must have and Boilers Operating Permit; Stationary Engineering License preferred.
• Must be able to demonstrate professional communication skills
• Must be proficient MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must have a good working knowledge of National Electrical Code, NFAP National Fire Code, and OSHA Rules & Regulations,
• Must be able to walk for extended periods of time Must be able to climb ladders and platforms.
• Able to communicate effectively with hourly employees to C level management, client and vendors.
• Strong vendor negotiation skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching, listening and team building skills.
• Minimum 5-7 years pressroom or print production management experience.
• Experience using Lean Mfg. practices to improve efficiencies.