Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2021 5:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for News Editor jobs in Albany-NY
Search all News Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a News Editor? DIGITAL NEWS EDITOR
A new digital media brand for Hearst Newspapers is seeking a news editor to drive our daily news editorial and make sure our fast-growing site reflects the latest stories affecting the Hudson Valley and Capital Regions. The ideal candidate will be a newshound with a finger on the pulse of the regions we serve, and have demonstrated experience managing daily digital news coverage and growing audiences.
Your Duties on the Team:
• Assign, write and line edit news stories to assure the site reflects the latest news affecting the region.
• Spot breaking news and interesting regional story ideas, and work with the edit team to quickly post breaking stories.
• Work closely with the editorial team - particularly the Managing Editor and Homepage Editor - to coordinate daily coverage and future plans.
• Manage a team of news reporters.
The Skills You Would Bring to the Team
• Impeccable news judgment and ability to make real-time coverage decisions in fast-paced news environment
• Nose for news and strong sense of what stories will pop among regional readers and potentially add to a national conversatio.
• Idea generation: keep fresh ideas flowing to assure the site is fed daily with interesting, timely news stories written by you and the reporters you will oversee
• Crisp, concise writing skills and flawless editing
• Ability to manage a team of news reporters daily, keeping them focused, motivated and inspired to quickly grow this new publication
• Calm demeanor in a fast-paced, always-on news environment
• Think about how news stories unfold cross-platform, ideate unique social components to digital storytelling
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in writing, editing, and managing writers, editors or producers in publishing or digital media.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Journalism, Digital Media Studies, Communications, English, Literature or related fields from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this role
• Ability to work autonomously from a remote office while maintaining open communication and a collaborative spirit with the team
• Excellent news judgment and understanding of media ethics
• Experience in, and understanding of, the region that includes the Hudson Valley, Capital Region and Adirondacks
Hearst is a global corporation with a wide diversity of companies. We offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Including medical, dental and vision coverage; 40K with match; paid vacations, holidays and personal time; tuition assistance and much more. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.