Multimedia Sales Executive
Hearst NewspapersPlainview, TX
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Sells advertising and provides service to private party and commercial transient customers to achieve revenue for all print and online products and to achieve monthly and quarterly goals.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (SALES):
• Sells customers advertising, and inputs ad copy and schedules for all advertising publications. Also approve and schedule all private party ads placed online.
• Sells and maintains current advertisers in service directories, special sections and other publications. Sell and handles customers with traditional classified advertising ads and other announcement ads. In addition, sell special pages and products as assigned and conducts ''callbacks'' on advertisements prior to expiration.
• Identify and prioritize new business leads and categories with management
• Coordinates sales activities internally with associate departments, maximizes available resources
• Meets copy/layout deadlines, complete accurate advertising orders, submit client contracts and complete sales reporting in a timely manner. Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks.
• Meets and exceeds sales targets as outlined by manager
• Complies with rate schedules, productions procedures, accounting procedures, credit policies, and deadlines
• Schedules customer ads and traffics artwork.
• Reviews proofs, sends PDFs to Account Manager(s), and request proof changes.
• Resolves scheduling problems.
• Maintains customer manifest including contact information, I/O, etc. and records and updates customer data using SalesForce.com.
• Assists in coordinating special print projects.
• Plans, organizes and prioritizes workflow to meet team goals and deadlines.
• 2 years inside sales experience required
• Digital knowledge/experience
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be literate in MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel)
• Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
• Ability to work in an ever-changing media environment
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Advertising, Marketing degree and/or vast experience in related field preferred