Intern - Advertising
Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 5/13/2021 5:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advertising jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Intern - Advertising postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Advertising?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Hearst Newspaper Sales Internship
We are searching for a committed, deadline-driven Sales Intern to join our excellent Sales team at Hearst Newspapers. The Sales Intern will complete all tasks assigned by the Manager, which may include conducting market research, identifying business opportunities, managing email campaigns, generating sales leads, making cold calls, participating in meetings, and assisting the Sales department wherever possible. You should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a Sales Intern, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible and be able to spot opportunities that have been overlooked by others. Outstanding Sales Interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships with clients.
Sales Intern Responsibilities:
• Working closely with the Manager or assigned staff member, and completing all allocated tasks.
• Conducting desktop research, or gathering information through surveys or by speaking to clients and staff.
• Learn Hearst's Newspaper product offering through in person and curriculum base training.
• Attending and participating in meetings, workshops, events, and exhibitions.
• Reviewing sales performance against sales targets.
• Observing and carrying out sales processes.
• Identifying potential weaknesses and offering improvement suggestions.
• Keeping a log of everything learned and delivering presentations to staff and other stakeholders.
Sales Intern Requirements:
• High school diploma or similar.
• Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or similar may be required.
• Strong self-motivation.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to cope with rejection.
• Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments.
• Superb interpersonal skills.
• A professional appearance.