Intern - Advertising Sales
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 1/24/2022 2:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Advertising Sales jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Intern - Advertising Sales postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Advertising Sales Internship
The San Antonio Express News is looking for an Advertising Sales Intern join alongside our Sales team to help generate opportunity and close strategic advertising solutions. You will help local businesses grow by leveraging MySA's rich history, media product suite, traffic, and digital data to reach our clients target audience. In this position you will gain exposure to a best-in-class sales training program, digital advertising product suite, and the full sales cycle process; prospecting, needs analysis, client presentations, proposal process, closing business opportunities, and managing post sales campaign results.
You will be supported by a strong marketing department and leadership team with an abundance of opportunity to learn new things and develop the skills that are vital to your success in sales! Check out what success looks like as an Advertising Intern with The San Antonio Express News!
What you will do:
• Generate new leads through lead generation, cold calling, email marketing, networking and awareness of new businesses openings.
• Build a pipeline of new business and upsell opportunities.
• Become an expert in digital and print products/services.
• Conduct discovery calls and presentations with prospects and customers.
• Identify customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions.
• Utilize an extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops.
• Recommend new product and promotional opportunities to clients.
• Handle customers objections efficiently.
• Manage client pipeline and revenue forecast in Salesforce.com.
• Create engaging advertising solutions to solve client's business needs.
• Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales time.
You Identify with being:
• Purposeful – you are direct at getting things done quickly, with confidence, integrity and determination
• Adaptable – you react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas to deal with them.
• Driven – you have self-assurance and competitive drive with high quality, organized, and repeatable results.
• Communicator - You are a lively and intelligent person with a stimulating influence on others.
What we're looking for:
• Superior presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills
• High digital sales acumen and media industry knowledge
• Technically savvy – Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint experience
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Goal Orientated, competitive, and forward thinking.
• Confident, reliable, responsible, hardworking, and a strong closer
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical , including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.