Inbound Marketing Manager
Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Inbound Marketing Manager - Hearst Bay Area
If you are an ambitious marketing professional looking to impact growth at an iconic San Francisco organization, keep reading.
Hearst Bay Area, Northern California's largest news media and services group, connects businesses large and small with their target audience, through a comprehensive suite of marketing and advertising solutions unmatched by local competitors.
Not only have we been the trusted source for news and information in San Francisco for the past 155 years, we also understand the community better than anyone.
We are looking for a creative, data-driven inbound marketer to own the majority of the B2B marketing funnel for Hearst Bay Area.
You will be an integral part of the development and execution of our B2B marketing strategy, aimed at growing our organic reach, attracting new qualified leads for our advertising programs, and maintaining our brand status as leaders in our industry.
As the owner of the Hearst Bay Area brand voice and website, you will be in charge of attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads for the business, and overseeing the lead hand-off process between marketing and sales.
We need someone who is proactive and detail-oriented with a comprehensive understanding of content marketing, social media best practices, and how to implement, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns to help us scale our inbound efforts.
What will you do 90% of the time?
• Manage a rich editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, videos, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, infographics, etc.) to increase brand awareness, website traffic, new leads, and MQLs.
• Manage freelance writers via Upwork by assigning content and editing draft submissions
• Coordinate with internal and external parties to source content for round-up posts, videos, interviews, virtual events, articles, eBooks, and more.
• Implement the Hearst Bay Area social media strategy - You will own all social media marketing and management tasks, coming to the table with new ideas based on data and performance to expand the strategy as needed based on our goals.
• Promote our content – You will be responsible for the process of promoting each of our blog posts and content offers to gain maximum exposure and engagement using channels and tactics like social media, advertising, backlink outreach, and syndication.
• Assist in the content production process - Researching, writing, proofreading, and editing content across different mediums (social media, video, website, email, blog, landing pages) will be a large portion of what you do at Hearst Bay Area.
• Keep our content fresh and up to date by revamping and repurposing older content to align with current industry trends
• Own the Hearst Bay Area ''Marketing Matters'' newsletter and email marketing strategy
• Partner with our Lead Nurturing Specialist on automated lead nurturing campaigns and our top of funnel lead generation content strategy
• Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
• Collaborate with our B2B Events Manager to organize and promote regular webinars and in-person events
• Prepare monthly reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales and marketing data
What will you do 10% of the time?
• Maintain sales collateral for Hearst Bay Area product portfolio and website
• Develop new sales and product materials in partnership with newsroom, product marketers, and sales management
• Partner with research director to package and deliver essential statistics and analysis to the sales organization and include in collateral, as well as publish online
What will it take to be successful?
• BA/BS degree
• 3 to 5 years of marketing experience in the B2B space with a background in inbound marketing, SEO, or content marketing strategy required.
• Direct experience managing successful digital advertising campaigns is a must.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• Proficiency in marketing automation and blogging software in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them (using dynamic workflows) into converted customers.
• Must have experience with HubSpot, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and both Facebook / LinkedIn Advertising Platforms.
• Strong understanding of on-page and off-page SEO best practices.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 12, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical , including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.