Hearst NewspapersBuffalo, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2023 9:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Ims Copywriter jobs in Buffalo-NY
Search all Ims Copywriter postings
Full Time Job
Come join us and create compelling advertising copy that will lead local businesses to success!
Job Description: Copywriters are responsible for generating written content that will help LocalEdge's and Hearst's customers reach today's consumers and meet their advertising goals. As a key player on our Internet Marketing Services team, the successful candidate will create copy for websites, social media posts, blogs, email marketing, video scripts, and other products.
What will you do?
• Write new or enhance existing advertising content for a variety of products in American English.
• Become familiar with customers' products and services, their target audience, and their competitors' activities.
• Create new content using in-house guidelines and self-led research when needed.
• Create copy in line with current best practices, including SEO tactics and AP style.
• Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with external departments.
• Amend, revise, or redevelop advertising content in response to feedback from customers and external departments.
• Research, troubleshoot, track, and resolve problems.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and external departments to answer questions and resolve problems in a professional and timely manner.
• Develop content in dialects other than American English, such as British English.
• Assist with any special projects as assigned by manager.
• Meet all deadlines and established turnaround times.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
What will it take to be successful?
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the creativity to turn straw (information about our customers' businesses) into gold (compelling advertising copy).
• You must have strong skills in writing, grammar, spelling, and editing in American English.
• 3 years' experience in proofreading and copywriting OR a bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, English, or a related field.
• You should be familiar with the many avenues of internet advertising, including websites, email marketing, organic social media posts, blog writing, video scripts, and content marketing.
• You must be independent and self-starting, comfortable with ambiguity and driven to provide customers with creative solutions.
• Keen attention to detail is a must, both in the fundamentals of grammar and mechanics and the ability to fully represent our customers through compelling copy.
• You must have strong time-management skills and be able to turn customer requests into polished advertising copy on tight turnaround times, all while being able to switch gears quickly as business needs dictate.
• You should be curious about a wide range of industries, eager to learn their ins and outs with a chameleon-like ability to blend your writing style with various industry norms.
• Knowledge of SEO tactics, AP style, and British English will all be helpful.
About Business Unit:
As a premier multi-media organization, LocalEdge has been leading the transition to web-based advertising for small to mid-size businesses across all industries. Today, through the continued development of proprietary technology and strong vendor relationships that include major search engines, social network sites, and other leading tech-focused companies, LocalEdge offers a full line of digital marketing products that help its customers reach and interact with today's consumers.
About Hearst Newspapers:
With 2,500 employees across the nation, HNP represents a network of 24 daily and 52 weekly publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union, several top digital-only news and lifestyle sites, marketing services businesses, and entertainment businesses such as King Features Syndicate.
At HNP, we are investing in new and innovative ways to tell stories – growing newsrooms, diversifying tools, evolving platforms – to support the millions of people who trust us each month to help them make decisions, take action and be inspired.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Be a part of something bigger – Your Headline Awaits.