Human Resources Specialist
Hearst NewspapersSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Human Resources Specialist
Are you a world-class HR professional who has a solid foundation in HR, leaves and/or worker's compensation management? Are you client-focused, self-motivated and can you establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization?
We are seeking a candidate that is customer-focused, self-motivated, and possesses an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a high level of learning agility (quickly learn, apply, then master), strong project management, superb excel and data management skillsets, customer service driven, problem-solving, and a positive attitude.
• Maintain OSHA logs for various locations
• Manage our timecard system and serve as the local SME
• Coordinate and support all HR-related activities and functions (leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures, and legal compliance)
• Conduct injury reviews, and provide recommendations back to HR business partners
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
• Manage the off-boarding process, leave of absence, and worker's compensation programs, from intake to pay integrations
• Identify best practices and continuous process improvement in the delivery of HR services to the company and make appropriate recommendations within the HR Department.
• Partnering with Finance on reporting requirements as needed
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Masters degree and/or PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification a plus.
• In-depth knowledge and work experience within HR with 3 years of experience in any of the following; leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures, and legal compliance.
• Experience managing employee leave programs (LOA, Workers Comp, etc.) a big plus
• Previous experience utilizing an HRIS system is a plus
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes.
• Knowledge of Federal and California state labor laws and the ability to apply those legal requirements to complex situations in the workplace.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced business with a small but very agile HR team.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 12, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical , including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.