Human Resources Specialist
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Human Resources Specialist
Are you a world class HR professional who has a solid foundation in HR, payroll, leaves and/or worker's compensation management? Are you client-focused, self-motivated and do you can establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization?
We are seeking a candidate that is customer-focused, self-motivated and possesses an innate ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a high level of learning agility (quickly learn, apply, then master), strong project management, superb excel and data management skill sets. Must be a customer service driven, problem solver with a positive attitude. This position will be located in San Antonio Texas.
• Prepare various payroll reports through ADP GlobalView and eTime.
• Review trial registers for accuracy of wages and correct errors.
• Answer inquiries regarding salary and employment verification.
• Check all employee time sheets for compliance with pay policies, state and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate and support all HR-related activities and functions (leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures and legal compliance)
• Conduct investigations and address employee complaints.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Manage leave of absence and worker's compensation programs, from intake to pay integrations.
• Maintain all HR files.
• Assist with the recruitment process by conducting background checks and generating offer letters.
• Assist with onboarding and offboarding activities.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Master's degree and/or PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification a plus
• Minimum 2-3 years related experience in payroll operations
• Experience with ADP GlobalView System. Enter and manage payroll on bi-weekly basis
• In-depth knowledge and work experience within HR with 2 years of experience in any of the following; leave management, talent management, employee relations, performance management, training and development, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
• Experience with Oracle HCM
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel
• Provides administrative support to ensure personnel records and files are maintained in accordance with all applicable laws and company policies and procedures
• Provide information and advice on HR issues, ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures
• Performs confidential research related to HR issues, compiles and evaluates data and makes recommendations to appropriate individuals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes
• Customer service and team oriented
• Ability to work in a fast pace and ambiguous environment
• Good judgement and decision-making skills