Greene-Columbia Co. Reporter
Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Greene-Columbia Co. Reporter jobs in Albany-NY
Search all Greene-Columbia Co. Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Greene-Columbia Co. Reporter?
Full Time Job
The Times Union is seeking an industrious reporter to cover Greene and Columbia counties. The proper candidate will be able to pinpoint the issues and personalities - from politics and crime to the environment and creative pursuits - that will resonate with readers in those counties as well as the Capital Region and the Greater Hudson Valley. We're looking for an experienced reporter and vibrant writer who can meet the needs of a digital-first newsroom with a mix of breaking news and deeper dives.
What you'll do:
• Develop a network of sources across a diverse set of communities.
• Work the levers of public transparency law to better serve watchdog journalism.
• Stay ahead of the competition.
• Collaborate across the newsroom, particularly with our digital team, to maximize the reach of your stories.
Who you are:
• A self-starter with great communication skills
• Proficient with basic Windows programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Someone who thinks five minutes early is late
• Someone with an innate curiosity and healthy skepticism
• A college graduate with a bachelors' degree in journalism, communications, English, or another relevant subject
• Someone who can self-manage and handle multiple projects and fast deadlines
• Someone with an appreciation of Slack, Zoom and other remote-friendly tools
This is full-time, union-covered, position. It will include some weekend and holiday work.
The Times Union is located in New York's Capital Region. We offer great pay, substantial benefits and the ability to live in a beautiful area of the country. Our commitment to multiculturalism, inclusion and anti-racism is reflected in our content, hiring strategies and culture. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.