Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/27/2021 11:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Field Supervisor jobs in Albany-NY
Search all Field Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Field Supervisor? Are you a night-owl that wants to do more with those early morning hours than binge-watch infomercials and horror flicks? How about a career with great pay and benefits? The Times Union is searching for a Field Supervisor to help manage our extensive home delivery operation.
What you'll do:
• Work with District Managers, the Director of Delivery Operations and others to provide our customers wiith excellent service.
• Help manage ithe many indeoendent contractors who deliverour product and those of our partners.
• Recruit new talent for our pool of independent contractors.
• Keep tabs on budget items for various depots.
Who you are:
• Someone with high energy.
• A people-person with great communication skills.
• Someone who thinks five minutes early is too late.
• A careful automobile driver with a reliable vehicle.
• A high-school graduate.
• Someone with basic math skills and an understanding of budget principles.
• Ability to use Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Newspaper delivery experience and a knowledge of local streets are helpful but not required.
Workdays begin about midnight including weekends and holidays. You'll work 37.5 hours per week with two consecutive days off. Hours and days are subject to change and may vary as the job warrants.
The Times Union is located in New York's Capital Region. We offer great pay, substantial benefits and the ability to live in a beautiful area of the country. We are dedicated to being a company where a diverse mix of talented people work. Our commitment to inclusion and multiculturalism is reflected in our content and hiring strategies. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.