Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2020 7:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for District Manager jobs in Albany-NY
Search all District Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a District Manager? Are you a night owl who wants a well-paid position with benefits? The Times Union is looking for a District Manager to service the many customers of our newspaper and our partners.
What you'll do:
• Provide excellent service to Times Union, New York Times and other home delivery customers
• Manage a team of independent contractor carriers
• Ensure contractors are properly documented.
• Resolve customer service issues.
Who you are:
• A self-starter with great communication skills.
• Someone who thinks five minutes early is late.
• A person who wants their workday to start at 2 a.m. so they have the late morning and afternoon to do other things.
• Proficient with basic Windows programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Own a reliable vehicle and have an excellent driving record.
• You know the streets of Albany and the surrounding area.
District Managers work five days weekly including weekends and holidays. Mandatory overtime may be required. Pay starts at $41,000, excluding overtime and differentials for working nights, and rises to $51,000 with experience. Top tier District Managers earn in excess of $60,000 annually.
The Times Union manages home delivery for several newspapers in Eastern New York. This is a union position with benefits including medical and dental coverage; paid vacations, sick leave and personal time; holiday pay; pension; tuition assistance and more. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.