Director, Digital Marketing
Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce and Subscription
Director, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce and Subscription, will be responsible for the development of a digital marketing expansion plan, social media, management of P&L and ongoing performance, of the advertising, subscription and ecommerce products for King Features comics and entertainment brands. This role will strategically partner and collaborate with other members of the team, along with the President, to advance the mission and profitability of the division through change and growth.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Deliver both growth in revenue and increases in EBITDA by expanding audience reach to drive the company's success in B2C distribution for advertising, ecommerce and subscription of our comics and entertainment based brands.
• Manage the consumer focused digital product roadmap and oversee implementation for data collection initiatives to increase quality and quantity of first party data for analysis across platforms including social media.
• Social Media: Oversee the implementation of a Fanbase development strategy based on comic and entertainment properties to drive engagement and revenue by monetization through shoppable posts and ecommerce.
• Product & Marketing: Develop products for ecommerce. Drive optimized messaging, CTA's and conversion rates for all channels of distribution. Manage marketing technology tools and data collection to continually improve the direct to consumer experience and shape products that build brand awareness, grow our user base, and drive user engagement.
• User Acquisition: Oversee a top-of-funnel, multi-channel acquisition strategy and execution plan (paid media, partnerships, display, etc.) that maximizes user acquisition, drives subscription, and generates user sign-ups across platforms (social/mobile, web).
• Customer Engagement & Retention: Drive strategy and execution of lifecycle marketing to onboard, retain, build loyalty to increase the lifetime value of customers and improve their customer journey (includes building a customer segmentation framework, developing a roadmap for a scalable CRM solution, and relaunching subscription product).
• Data Analysis & Reporting: Establish goals and KPIs and a measurement plan to optimize campaigns. Provide performance analysis, A/B testing, ROI and insights for all channels/tactics. Work closely with finance and business intelligence group to analyze campaign effectiveness, track budget and provide accurate forecasts.
• Customer Service: Oversee our outside customer service team to assure timely response and customer satisfaction.
• Thought leadership: Be a thought leader for the organization to push the envelope in an evolving DTC entertainment and digital content consumption landscape. Have a strong pulse on relevant trends, consumer insights, and technologies that impact our industry and the way customers consume comic, editorial and video content.
• Responsible for the ongoing P&L of this line of business.
• Thorough analysis of the company's customer data, provide insights on social media, social commerce, and subscription business, as well as key trends and insights required to increase revenue, lifetime value and drive deeper engagement with audience.
• Assess customer needs and gaps, create competitive assessments, synthesize external inputs and the development of company specific implications with recommended approaches.
• Manage the consumer focused digital product roadmap, including the definition, prioritization and execution of product enhancements and operational improvements to enhance revenue and efficiency.
• Manage email execution from planning, setup and testing, to deployment, analysis and optimization, including list growth tactics, segmentation and cohort analysis.
• Use email to reinforce subscription value, increase product adoption, upsell/cross-sell plans and new products, and improve customer satisfaction and brand certainty.
• Help drive awareness for new content, entertainment and licensing announcements, upcoming product releases, and additions to product set.
• Identify key metrics and establish dashboards to optimize recurring revenue, activation and retention programs.
Requirements of the Role:
• Experience in digital marketing, ecommerce and subscription.
• Demonstrated excellence across all aspects of data-driven marketing and related operations
• Exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required.
• Proactive, energetic self-starter who thrives on getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of the role digital plays across multiple disciplines – branding, media, social, promotions, entertainment, research, product, and customer engagement
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills – up, down, across, and outside the organization
• Strong analytical skills with proven marketing analytics experience.
• Experience leading and building teams
• Recent experience with a digital/mobile/e-commerce product that is offered direct to consumers
• Proven track record getting the best out of internal and external talent focused on excellence in data driven marketing
• Demonstrated ability in developing teams, promoting teamwork both within area of direct responsibility and across groups reporting up to peer business leaders.
• A minimum of 3 years in digital marketing and ecommerce
• A minimum of 1 year overseeing social media engagement
• Shopify/Print on Demand, Braze marketing tool experience a plus
• Experience in setting strategic plans and executing against digital distribution and marketing of consumer facing products
• Experience in front-end and back-end development for ecommerce, subscription, loyalty/CRM programs, apps and API integration
• Ability to utilize data and analytics to derive actionable recommendations and increased revenue
• Experience developing social media strategies and programs across social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
• Passion for emerging trends in media and content distribution and ability to execute against user/customer needs
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required,
3-5 years prior experience in a digital marketing management role
3 years of P&L management experience