Digital Content Producer
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 7:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Digital Content Producer jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Digital Content Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Content Producer? Primary Responsibilities:
• Post and package stories on Expressnews.com as they come in throughout the shift. This includes adding links, photos, slideshows, and other related assets. Content Producers work with stories from the Digital Team and general newsroom.
• Monitor website traffic and make content decisions that drive traffic based on metrics, including rewriting headlines and rearranging the desktop and mobile app homepages.
• Send breaking news email and app alerts.
• Assist the Social Media editor with posting content under their direction on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Write original stories or listicles as needed if other reporters are busy. This could include making phone calls to sources, writing off press releases, or pitching original content.
• Contribute to special digital projects, including photos of the month, year-in-review, and others.
• Solid news judgment and strong understanding of local content
• awareness of media standards around fair use and an accurate citation for content
• Knowledge of analytics and CMS tools such as WCM, Chartbeat, Looker, Google Analytics, and Social Flow
• Understand web metrics to guide programming toward KPI growth
• Proficient writer and familiar with AP Style
• Organized and able to meet deadlines
What are the measures of success for this position?
• Hit daily and weekly KPI's, including website visits and subscriber traffic
• Efficient operation of our digital platforms when on duty, including no errors on the homepage, typos on social media, etc.
• Great teamwork with digital and newsroom staff
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field required
• Minimum 2 years of journalism/newsroom experience required
• Understanding of audience engagement metrics required
• Some news writing experience preferred This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.