Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
Full Time Job
With more than 3,000 employees across the nation, Hearst Newspapers publishes 24 dailies and 52 weeklies, including the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle, San Antonio Express-News and Albany Times Union. It also operates digital marketing services and directories businesses under the LocalEdge brand.
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate data engineers and data scientists in creating Hearst Newspaper's next generation of data products and capabilities. Candidates should possess deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms along with modern data processing technology stacks and have a strong problem solving skills. We are a small and efficient team building scalable data pipelines on cloud platform for data analysis and reporting process and providing a solution with machine learning and data mining techniques.
• Implement machine learning based predictive models such as churn prediction. • Write production worthy code, ensuring it runs efficiently on the target system. • Apply data analytics and statistical techniques to identify relevant ML features. • Overcome common ML problems such as overfitting, cold start, and logging. • Detect flaws in the existing machine learning systems and suggest improvements. • Collaborate with management to align developed models with stakeholders' needs and business requirements.
• Develop, deploy, and maintain the data products and systems with documentations.
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent practical experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Strong knowledge of machine Learning algorithms.
• Strong understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals. • Experience in productizing algorithms and improving their efficiency and runtime. • Fluent in Python and SQL.
• Experience with cloud platform is a plus.
• Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop is a plus. • Ability to learn modern data technologies.