Hearst NewspapersNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Data Analyst (Decision Science)
Hearst is an American mass media and business information conglomerate. It owns a wide variety of newspapers, magazines, television channels, and television stations, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, 50% of cable network A E, and 20% of the sports broadcaster ESPN.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to grow in your profession as a decision scientist?
Do you want to be part of a lean team that is helping lead the evolution of local news?
At Hearst you will have the chance to make a data driven impact by forming strong partnerships with marketing, editorial, product, ad operation and executive leadership teams.
You will be working with traffic, subscriptions, advertising, and email data and have the opportunity to work in Python, R, Big Query SQL, Looker, PowerBI and more!
• Clean, prepare and explain datasets, use advanced analytics to identify key trends, size up opportunities, and then work closely with business leaders to turn those opportunities into action.
• Work with the latest analytic tools to perform advanced analysis and discover insights.
• Create iterative and highly reproducible analytic scripting to show ongoing improvement in data visuals and analytical techniques.
• Partner closely with data scientist to extract learnings from latest prediction models.
• Streamline automation to help us scale and ensure ongoing data integrity.
• Demonstrated comfort working autonomously in Python/R, particularly working with dataframes.
• 2 years' experience in a data analytics role.
• Degree/Advanced degree in a technical/mathematical program preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, experience building presentations.
• Passion for problem solving and data exploration.
• Experience in statistical methods a huge plus.
• SQL knowledge
• Must be hungry to take on a highly technical role and make a clear business impact.