Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2022 8:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Copy Editor jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Copy Editor postings
Full Time Job
This position serves as a member of the team that produces newspapers throughout the Hearst Texas group, including copy editing, headline writing, page layout. The Hearst Texas publishing hub is seeking a copy editor to assist in the production of daily and weekly newspapers through page layout, copy editing, headline and caption writing to engage readers.
• Design basic pages that in newspaper's style
• Edit stories for clarity, grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Writes crisp headlines and photo captions
• Provides quality control and proof-reading to improve reading experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 years of experience in a print publication production
• Strong language and editing skills
• Knowledge of AP stylebook
• Ability to work nights and weekend
• Bachelor's degree
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.