Hearst NewspapersAlbany, NY
Full Time Job
The Times Union is seeking an energetic player-coach to lead our award-winning business department, staying on top of everything from large manufacturing to small business, environmental impacts and new sectors such as recreational marijuana, the growing population of young professionals and the real estate developments they're moving into. Our base is in the Capital Region, but we're looking for someone capable of producing journalism with statewide impact. We want an able manager to oversee a three-person team and collaborate across departments while also producing their own stories. We're the center of New York state government, home to several major health care players, and the site of a cutting-edge chip fab.
Successful Candidates Will Have:
• Experience in a modern newsroom or a related work environment is required.
• At least 3 years' experience leading a team of reporters
• Comfort with Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel.
• An innate sense of couriosity and skepticism.
• Ability to self-manage and handle multiple projects and fast deadlines.
• Appreciation of Slack, Zoom and other remote-friendly tools.
This is full-time position. It will likely include some weekend and holiday work.
The Times Union is located in New York's Capital Region. We offer great pay, substantial benefits and the ability to live in a beautiful area of the country. Our commitment to multiculturalism, inclusion and anti-racism is reflected in our content, hiring strategies and culture. We encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.