Assistant District Manager
Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
Full Time Job
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Assists in the development and maintenance of accurate subscriber information and distribution lists and route maps.
• Actively contributes to the overall success of Zone operations by providing leadership in a team-centric environment.
• Positive interaction with subscribers in resolving service requests or incidents in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Delivers newspapers as assigned daily
• May be assigned to multiple distribution centers for gap coverage of day-to-day business as the needs dictate.
• Verify the accuracy of information incoming from independent contractors.
• Assist Zone Management in recruiting potential independent distributors
• Proactively escalate issues and communicate potential challenges
• Demonstrate a willingness to enthusiastically accept many varied projects and new responsibilities as assigned
• Persistence when encountering obstacles to keep the project moving to completion.
• Consistently show respect for colleagues at all levels to contribute to a positive work environment.
• Ability to maintain composure and work well under pressure.
• Consistently demonstrate the ability to move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
• Must be able to safely perform all physical requirements including: walking, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, stooping and kneeling
• Repeatedly lifting newspaper bundles weighing up to 40lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull 4-wheel newspaper carts weighing in excess of 200lbs.
• Must perform other duties as assigned by supervisors, managers, or directors
, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Basic computer skills to include Excel and Outlook
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; to include third shift (12am-8am)
• Reliable Transportation; a valid U.S. Driver's License, and proof of auto liability insurance
• Highly skilled in project completion in a fast-paced environment
• High School Diploma required
• Prior Distribution, Delivery, Warehouse, Management experience preferred
• Bi-Lingual Preferred, but not required