Hearst NewspapersHouston, TX
Full Time Job
The Houston Chronicle Media Group is looking for an Account Executive to sell and close strategic advertising solutions. You will help local businesses grow by leveraging The Chronicle's rich history, media product suite, traffic, and digital data to reach our clients target audience. In this position you will manage a full sales cycle; prospecting, leading presentations, creating proposals, closing business opportunities, and managing post sales campaign results.
You will be supported by a strong marketing department and leadership team with an abundance of opportunity to learn new things, develop the skills that are vital to your success, and opportunity to move up through the organization fast! Check out what success looks like as an Account Executive with The Houston Chronicle below!
What you will do:
• Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a monthly basis.
• Generate new leads through lead generation, cold calling, email marketing, networking and awareness of new businesses openings.
• Continually build a pipeline of new business and upsell opportunities.
• Become an expert in the Houston Chronicle's digital and print products/services.
• Conduct discovery calls and presentations with prospects and customers.
• Recommend new product and promotional opportunities to clients.
• Handle customers objections efficiently.
• Manage client pipeline and monthly revenue forecast in Salesforce.com.
• Create engaging advertising solutions to solve client's business needs.
You Identify with being:
• Purposeful – you are direct at getting things done quickly, with confidence, integrity and determination
• Adaptable – you react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas to deal with them.
• Driven – you have self-assurance and competitive drive with high quality, organized, and repeatable results.
• Communicator - You are a lively and intelligent person with a stimulating influence on others.
What we're looking for:
• BA/BS degree in Advertising, Marketing, or Communications.
• 3 plus years of Business to Business outside sale (advertising or media preferred).
• Proven success in new business acquisition and exceeding revenue goals.
• Superior presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Technically savvy – Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint experience.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Goal Orientated, competitive, and forward thinking.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment are fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical , including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.