Hearst NewspapersNorwalk, CT
Full Time Job
''We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.'' - William Randolph Hearst, 1887
Hearst Connecticut Media Group is investing in its sales force and we want you to be a part of it! We are looking for a digitally savvy, highly motivated Account Executive join our advertising team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and managing a sales pipeline and maintaining ongoing business relationships with advertisers. You will be working with your customers to promote compelling solutions that best fit their advertising needs. As an advocate for the customer within Hearst, the role works in cooperation with other departments to ensure we are able to meet and exceed customer expectations both in performance and process.
As an Account Executive, you can expect the following:
• Calling on local and regional businesses to show the value of our suite of advertising products everything from social media, display, video, programmatic, SEO/SEM to traditional advertisements.
• Execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies and deliver effective sales presentations with a passion to consistently earn, retain and increase revenue
• Become a valuable asset in the local business community by boosting your client's businesses through multiple channels.
• Researching, prospecting, networking, cold-calling, presenting, and closing - You own the sales cycle, and have the support of your local account management team to aid in continued support after the sale!
• Results oriented individual who strategically pursues business with energy and drive!
• Media sales experience highly desirable. Prior experience with or knowledge of online & digital marketing is a huge plus!
• Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
• Strong track record of successful internal and external relationship management
• Valid US driver's license and reliable transportation
• As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after Sept 13, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical , including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
• A great work environment it's never boring here!
• Paid in-depth sales and product training.
• Competitive base salary, uncapped commissions for unlimited earning potential, and significant opportunity for advancement within the company
• Collaboration ideas and input are always welcome
• Health, dental, 401k, paid time off we have you covered
Hearst is a global media powerhouse including outlets such as; ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, Esquire, O The Oprah Magazine, ELLE, Harper's BAZAAR, Cosmopolitan and many more. We enjoy being a select Google Premier Partner in addition to partnerships with Yahoo, Bing, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter. We have had a presence in Connecticut since 1871. We are a leader in the growing $50 Billion Internet Advertising Industry alongside the ever-changing local advertising ecosystem, and are committed to building an infrastructure to support the goals we are going to achieve to become THE Leader in local marketing.
HCMG is committed to growing and retaining a more diverse workforce that better reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage all people of working age, who are traditionally underrepresented in media to apply, including women, people of color, applicants with disabilities, those from the LGBTQ community and veterans.
Hearst is an EEO employer and performs pre-employment background checks.