Hearst NewspapersSan Antonio, TX
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Account Executive jobs in San Antonio-TX
Search all Account Executive postings
Full Time Job
The San Antonio Express-News, part of Hearst, is excited to announce our continued growth in the San Antonio market, and we are seeking sales representatives just like you! Our industry is changing into a digital world, and we are looking for experienced professionals who are eager to facilitate our innovative efforts.
As the voice of South Texas since 1865 providing news and information to 5 million people, the San Antonio Express-News is able to offer our advertisers a robust suite of digital and print products to help them achieve their business objectives. We are seeking digital savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to sell our marketing solutions to local businesses. Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals.
Account Executives maximize advertising sales potential through the development of quality business relationships and the promotion of new/existing advertising products. This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with local businesses. We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers, while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
• Generating new leads by making cold calls and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area
• Understanding the clients' advertising needs and developing the ideal marketing solution for them
• Delivering customized sales presentations in person or by phone/web-demos
• Be a driving force in the success of the company's goals by achieving your individual monthly sales quota
• Be the face of the San Antonio Express-News and ensure a superior customer experience
The Ideal Candidate:
• You're self-motivated and results-oriented
• You have an outgoing, resilient personality
• You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
• You're confident and not willing to accept average
• 2 years of sales experience with a proven record of successfully exceeding goals
• Passion to educate clients in their marketing options and close deals
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite); Salesforce.com a plus
• Bachelor's degree preferred
What's in it for you?
• Base salary commissions: 100K earning potential for top performers; boundless opportunity for advancement
• One of America's Best Employers; a Top 30 America's Largest Private Companies (According to Forbes)
• Diverse, collaborative, fun, bottoms-up, ''best idea wins,'' high trust/high achievement work culture
• Help fund a vital institution of a healthy representative democracy, objective community-focused local journalism
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401K with company match
• Paid time off and more!
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical, including pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition, and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.