Hearst NewspapersNorwalk, CT
Full Time Job
''We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.'' - William Randolph Hearst, 1887
About Us: Join one of the nation's largest diversified media and publication company! Hearst is a global media powerhouse, to outlets such as; ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, Esquire, O The Oprah Magazine, ELLE, CT Post, New Haven Register, and many more. We have had a presence in Connecticut since 1755. We are a leader in the growing $50 Billion Internet Advertising Industry alongside the ever-changing local advertising ecosystem, and we are committed to building an infrastructure to support the goals we are going to achieve to become THE Leader in local marketing.
Hearst Connecticut Media Group is investing in its sales force and we want you to be a part of it! We are searching for Account Executives to maximize advertising sales revenue through multiple channels. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and managing a sales pipeline and maintaining ongoing business relationships. You will be working with your customers to promote compelling solutions that best fit their advertising needs. As an advocate for the customer within Hearst, the role works in cooperation with other departments to ensure we are able to meet and exceed customer expectations both in performance and process.
As an Account Executive, you can expect the following:
• Calling on local businesses to show the value of our suite of our digital and traditional advertising solutions. Everything from Display, Video, Social Media Marketing, and SEO/SEM, to Weekly Inserts and Print Advertisements.
• Manage an existing book of business of local accounts as well as establishing new relationships with local businesses and advertising spenders in the Connecticut and New York region.
• Researching, prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, presenting, and closing - You own the sales cycle, and have the support of your local account management team to aid in continued support after the sale.
• Execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies and deliver effective sales presentations with passion to consistently earn, retain and increase revenue
• Become a valuable asset in the business community by boosting your clients businesses through multiple channels, all while closely following market trends and be versed in the latest advertising methods and technologies.
• Results oriented individual who strategically pursues business with energy and drive.
• Prior experience with or knowledge of on-line media or digital marketing.
• Prospecting and / or cold calling experience preferred.
• Valid US driver's license and reliable transportation.
• A high energy work environment - It's never boring here! Friendly competition, contests, with individual and shared goals.
• Paid in-depth Multi-Media Training Program, with continued job skills training at Hearst University.
• Competitive base salary, uncapped commissions for unlimited earning potential.
• Significant opportunity for advancement. All our sales managers have been promoted from within!
• Health, dental, 401k, paid time off - We have you covered!
Hearst is an EEO employer and performs pre-employment background checks.