Video Editor, Elle.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The video editor will be responsible for editing all ELLE.com video projects, and maintaining a post-production workflow that will allow us to meet our quota of delivering 3-4 videos per week. They will be versed in editing content, quickly, for digital distribution across various platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and others. He or she should be able to:
• make selects and determine which footage, dialogue, and music make it to the rough edit
• color correct footage, polish audio in Adobe Premiere, and input temporary graphics
• look over each edit with a creative eye and utilize sound effects, transitions, shot threading, and composites where appropriate to enhance the edit
• consult with the post-production supervisor and department producers throughout the editing process to ensure that finished video edits are engaging and on-brand.
• consult with team cinematographers to troubleshoot any issues that arise regarding footage from specific shoots.
• utilize various video codecs to deliver final videos for web upload across multiple platforms as well as sending to graphics department for finalized graphics.
• upload approval links for the post-production supervisor to review and revise edits based on producer and copy editor feedback
• work closely with supervision producer and graphics department to ensure edit deadlines are met
• occasionally revise final edits and input finalized graphics.
• brainstorm and pitch possible brand concepts and ideas with the rest of the video team to create new, sharable content.
• stay abreast of new and emerging editing trends and software/plugins to keep edits fresh and on the cutting edge
Candidates must have their resume in .pdf format and include work samples/reel/website in order to be considered.