Video Data Analyst
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Video is big at Hearst Magazines Media, and with a portfolio that nets 1 billion views a month, we have a lot of data at our fingertips, and we're looking for an analytics junkie who's ready to dig in. Part of the Content Strategy & Insights Team, this new role will create and oversee reporting on video performance across our digital sites and social platforms, including established ones like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook and emerging ones like TikTok. In this position, you'll build new dashboards, track and share performance trends and insights, and present key findings to our video creators, strategists, and executive leadership across the Hearst Magazines Media portfolio of brands, including Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Men's Heath, Elle, Car and Driver and others.
The ideal candidate is a data enthusiast who is comfortable with common video measurement frameworks, has experience using a variety of video audience tracking and performance tools, and is good at synthesizing large data sets into actionable takeaways. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be involved with digital media's ongoing evolution and is eager to join a growing data- and audience-first organization at one of the world's largest, most successful media companies.
• Work with the larger content strategy team to build, deliver, and automate site and social video performance reports that help our creators make smarter daily, weekly, and monthly decisions.
• Partner with editors, video teams, and strategists across the Hearst Magazine Media portfolio to ensure all reporting and insights are clear, actionable, and help support individualized strategies. Clear communication skills and a collaborative spirit are essential.
• Combine and synthesize multiple data sets, cleaning and verifying the data for accuracy.
• Join regular content team discussion about video strategy, planning, optimization, and workflow to help identify how to measure and track audience success and target future growth.
• Support video strategists with subject-matter deep dives, competitive analysis or one-off research into specific topics for possible coverage, providing recommendations and insights that will drive audience growth and engagement.
• Serve as an internal video-reporting expert and proactive mentor, teaching others how to make better data-driven decisions, read and understand reporting, and build their own bespoke reports.
• Distribute important video insights from team to team by collaborating with various departments on strategy as well as creating and updating company-wide best practices.
• At least 2-3 years working on of data analysis at a consumer-facing company; experience with measuring video performance, especially on social platforms, is ideal.
• Strong knowledge of video metrics, YouTube programming best practices, and how video is consumed differently across platforms. A background working in YouTube analytics, Facebook Insights, and other multi-platform performance reporting tools (Tubular, VidIQ, etc.) is key.
• Experience building out reporting in BI and other data visualization tools, such as Looker, Tableau, or Domo a plus.
• Experience analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing data into clean, clear, and digestible dashboards and reports.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously across a variety of platforms and topics.
• A lover of video storytelling, with a keen understanding of the digital video landscape, especially YouTube!
• An inherently curious person that will work doggedly to connect the dots between numbers, context, and impact.