Test Editor, Outdoors, Popular Mechanics
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2020 11:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Test Editor, Outdoors, Popular Mechanics jobs in Center Valley-PA
Search all Test Editor, Outdoors, Popular Mechanics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Test Editor, Outdoors, Popular Mechanics? Popular Mechanics-part of Hearst's Enthusiast Group, which also includes Runner's World and Bicycling-seeks an energetic, insatiably curious, adventurous, detail-oriented test editor who is obsessed with outdoor gear and driven to evaluate products every day to share the best with our readers. You are the right candidate if you have a deep understanding of the outdoor market and established connections within the industry, especially with product managers and engineers developing the stuff our readers use.
Working within our Test Team, the test editor will use relevant analytics and metrics to create successful content. This position will develop real-world and, when applicable, science-backed tests to evaluate everything from pocket knives to skis to the latest hammocks. The ideal candidate relishes the opportunity to create strategically driven content on a daily basis (plus work on longer-term projects) with such goals as traffic generation, affiliate revenue, audience development, and engagement. The test editor position will be based in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be received in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
• Under direction of the test director and associate test director, strategize, plan, and publish gear reviews, roundups, and evaluations that meet reader needs and performance metrics.
• Develop quantitative and qualitative tests to reliably discern key performance attributes of products, then turn those tests into highly engaging, authoritative content across media platforms.
• Produce stories daily while simultaneously creating longer works for our site, magazine, social feeds, and other channels.
• Hit every deadline. Crush every metric.
• 2 years of professional experience in editing and writing outdoor-related gear reviews or similar test content. Daily digital publishing experience is a plus.
• Budget- and metric-driven personality.
• Deep familiarity with outdoor gear and gear trends, product design, and the real-world needs of people who use it every day (and just casually).
• Experience with and understanding of affiliate revenue streams and using commerce data to inform review strategies. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.