Temporary Writer, Partnerships
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/28/2023 7:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Temporary Writer, Partnerships jobs in New York-NY
Search all Temporary Writer, Partnerships postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines is looking for a Temporary Writer to support key projects for the Partnerships team. This individual would mainly oversee article updates and content management to optimize performance on key text partners for multiple brands.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at juggling multiple assignments under deadline while maintaining the highest editorial standards. In addition, basic understanding or familiarity with editorial content management systems is a plus.
What you'll do:
• Collaborate with Associate Manager and Partnerships Editor to identify digital content in need of updates.
• Write and edit 3-4 article updates weekly.
• Proofread, edit and work with writers to deliver quality content.
• Coordinate article update process in collaboration with Associate Manager and brand editors.
• Assist with content-related tasks related to distribution, including building pieces in content management system.
Who you are:
• Someone with a bachelor's degree and 1 years of experience creating lifestyle content at a digital-first outlet.
• A sharp-writer with strong self-editing skills.
• Ability to fact-check, catch errors and correct inconsistencies.
• Able to juggle multiple project simultaneously while maintaining the highest standards.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Adept at analyzing trends and data.
• Strong familiarity with our media brands' content.
• Available to work 16hrs/week.
The base rate for this role is $25 an hour. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.