SVP, Chief Revenue Officer and Group Publishing Director
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What We Need
Our ideal SVP, Chief Revenue Officer and Group Publishing Director is passionate about and excels in designing and executing acquisition and growth strategies. You are responsible for creating and growing revenue for our brands and the publishers that work with them. You are able to nurture a strong network of executive relationships with the world's largest advertisers. You are the voice in the marketplace positioning our brands effectively and seen as the market expert to accelerate Hearst' position as a leading modern media company. You will collaborate closely with all brands publishers to deliver exceptional advertising products, and revenue generating collateral to Hearst prospects and clients.
As SVP, Chief Revenue Officer and Group Publishing Director, you will lead and grow our Brand Sales, Corporate Sales and Digital sales team including account management teams. You will serve as a coach to the team, guiding both individual career growth discussions and supervising successful delivery of revenue-oriented KPIs. You will foster a culture of exceeding targets, curiosity, process, and a sense of urgency within the team. You will set challenging goals for yourself and your team - contributing to the achievement of company revenue, growth, and profitability goals.
To be successful in this role, the SVP Chief Revenue Officer and Group Publishing Director must have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to set clear goals while demonstrating tenacity, a commitment to deliver and accountability for results. This position reports to the President of Hearst Magazines' division.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
• Define, build, and oversee Hearst' brand partnership strategy, sales process, and playbooks to acquire new and grow existing partnerships across existing and new verticals - including, but not limited to Luxury, Fashion, Beauty, Home/Design, Consumer Packaged Goods, etc.
• Lead and grow a team of sales and account management professionals to achieve and exceed performance and revenue goals
• Forge a strong collaboration with our Editorial content teams as well as management and leads in data studio, operations, ad product and ad operations teams to influence the end product and drive sales conversion
• Be the brand voice and media market expert to accelerate the uniqueness of Hearst Magazines brands, our reach, our audience and data capabilities
• Meet regularly with President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Content Officer to keep them abreast of overall business trends, forecasts and upside for transparency into performance
• Demonstrated success and experience in direct corporate strategic sales as well as strategic account management across all media platforms including print, digital, experiential and video
• Demonstrated success directly managing and scaling high performing sales and account management teams
• Maintain deep network of senior marketing and technology executives at major advertisers and advertising agencies
• Proven track record on how to successfully engage with enterprise prospects in order to establish a long-term, profitable partnership achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual quotas
• Strategic and visionary with a strong command of the advertising ecosystem. An exceptional communicator well versed in publishing economics and well known in the advertising community
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills along with being an effective people leader as well as business leader. 20 years' experience in media marketing, publishing or in a related aspect of the advertising industry.
Hearst Magazines is a unit of Hearst, a leading global, diversified media, information and services company. Hearst attracts more readers of monthly magazines than any other publisher. Hearst Magazines' print and digital assets reach 155 million readers and site visitors each month-two-thirds of all millennials, and over 80% of Gen Z and millennial women in the country (source: 2019 comScore/MRI 11-18/S18). With more than 25 brands in the U.S., the company publishes over 300 editions and 245 websites around the world. The division also operates iCrossing, a global, full-service digital marketing agency, and CDS Global, a business process provider. Hearst Magazines holds a majority stake in KUBRA, a customer experience management solutions company, and is a partner with Condé Nast in the publishing services company PubWorX.
Who Are We
Want to help create the media company of the future? Our employees are at the heart of it. We obsessively focus on our audience. We foster a hive-minded culture. We set high expectations. We evolve with purpose and embrace new ways of working, always.