Supervising Video Producer, Good Housekeeping
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
GoodHousekeeping.com is seeking a lead creative video producer to relaunch and oversee the brand's video efforts across all of its platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and on-site). This person is responsible for managing a team of shooter-editors and a motion graphics editor, working alongside GH's on-staff stylists and creative team, through the pre-production, production, and post-production process on a slate of simultaneous projects. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to use data tools/analytics to inform content, as well as a strong drive to create engaging video content that offers a fresh, nuanced, and highly engaging approach to the brand's key service verticals: home, beauty, wellness, entertainment, product reviews/shopping, and more.
In addition to having a great eye and smart ideas, this person must be able to collaborate seamlessly with edit teams and bring stories and service to life in video. Ideal candidates will have a deep well of ideas for franchises and video concepts and a strong vision for experimenting with formats and storytelling techniques.
This role reports to Hearst Magazine's VP of Editorial Video.
• Manage a team of 3 full-time employees, as well as oversee freelancers.
• Pitch ideas and create new video franchises across content verticals (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest), working with the editorial team to identify opportunities that will translate into compelling video storytelling.
• Interpret, report on, and strategize around analytics across various platforms (Facebook views, mid-roll advertising monetization, on-site views, YouTube subscribers, etc.).
• Book talent for shoots.
• Direct talent and crew on set.
• Book/hire film crews in various locations for one-off projects.
• Oversee all of post-production (give notes and feedback on various edits, GFX, etc.).
• Implement best practices and style guides for video strategy to ensure maximum performance and monetization.
• Manage photo/video/design budget to maximize resources for creating new content.
• Consult with the sponsored content studio to ideate and execute sponsored video and other visually-oriented content to ensure content is interesting/engaging and accurate.
• 7 years of experience producing (a background in digital media is crucial).
• Demonstrated ability to produce internet-forward/highly engaging short and long-form video.
• Creative thinker and innovator with a keen eye for engaging and playful visual storytelling.
• Obsessive knowledge of what's happening in the digital video and multimedia space and keen understanding of the competition.
• Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and other Creative Suite products.
• Eye for what is visually engaging, technically accurate and on-brand in the multimedia content space, especially for social- and mobile-friendly content.
• Proven ability to manage and lead a team of shooters, editors, producers, and assistants.
• Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
To apply: Please send your resume in PDF format only and provide 5 or more relevant video samples. Please submit with salary requirements and a cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
• What interests you about working at Good Housekeeping?
• What do you consider your biggest strengths? Be specific.
• What are 3 words to describe your taste/style/aesthetic?
• Share 3 lifestyle videos you have loved on the internet in the last month, and why.