Special Projects Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
This was removed by the employer on 5/28/2021 7:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Special Projects Editor, Enthusiast Group jobs in Easton-PA
Search all Special Projects Editor, Enthusiast Group postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Special Projects Editor, Enthusiast Group? Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazine's Enthusiast Group (Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Best Products) is seeking a special projects editor. This dynamic role is the lead editor for the origination, planning, creation, editing, and distribution of content. The special projects editor will work with every team in our group (Service and News, Features, Test, Commerce, Social, Membership, Photo and Design) as well as with our editorial director. This job will be based in our Easton, PA, offices; we will not be able to consider remote candidates. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
* Strategically drive programs such as our successful and ongoing Run Streak and Runners Alliance initiatives
* Lead key expansive-content initiatives such as our online branded merchandise shops, consumer calendars, and plan-based content centers for training (for Bicycling and Runner's World) and how-to projects (for Popular Mechanics)
* Oversee the creation of comprehensive guides (such as Bicycling's guide to gravel riding) and high-value, deeply vertical content programs (such as ''badass machines'' for Popular Mechanics)
* Assist scramble-speed across the group wherever and whenever needed to help us serve the shifting demands and needs of our audience-from, for example, a higher cadence of military content for Apple News to rounding out product selections in our commerce efforts.
Who you are:
* The ideal candidate combines an editing and writing background with several years of experience as a metric-driven digital editor, social editor, or site director, and has an affinity for and knowledge of one or more areas of deepest interest to our group's audiences (running, cycling, home and yard DIY and repair, science and tech, and math).
* 5 years experience in editing, writing, content creation and distribution, with experience in active lifestyle or enthusiast brands a plus
* Must be able to manage feedback from multiple parties and accommodate fast-changing priorities
* Able to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
* Must be able to work flexible hours as needed This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.