Sex & Relationships Editor
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sex & Relationships Editor, Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan is looking for a Sex and Relationships Editor to join its sex and relationships team. You will use your experience in reporting, writing, and editing and your knowledge of the space to produce compelling content for the brand across both print and digital platforms. This vertical is integral to the Cosmopolitan DNA, as one of our highest-performing and most iconic categories. This position reports to our Articles Director.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do
• Write and edit smart, engaging, and timely content across the magazine and website
• Help pitch lineups for the Lust section of the magazine.
• Write, assign, and edit multiple stories per issue for the print magazine and 2-3 stories per day for the site.
• Help execute the section's SEO needs, working with the SEO manager to strategize and produce dynamic, informative stories and conduct routine updates to existing content on the site as needed.
• Work with the team to strategically experiment with new ways to boost traffic, engage readers, and build buzz, pushing forward Cosmopolitan's longtime role as a thought leader in this space.
• Produce dynamic long-lead digital features and packages, working closely with the art team.
• Contribute to our sex and relationships e-commerce efforts and strategies.
• Contribute to relevant brand projects and extensions as needed, such as video, events, podcasts, emerging platforms, membership program, etc.
Who You Are:
• You're a seasoned editor with at least 5 years of digital and print editorial experience, primarily in the sex and relationships space, and with multiple years of true editing experience.
• You have a strong understanding of the sex and relationships landscape, relevant trends, and exactly what people are talking about at any given moment-and you know how to turn that knowledge into incredible content.
• You have an ability to really dig into research and reporting, including for topics that are either medical or sensitive in nature, with proven accuracy.
• You have a network of superstar sex and relationships-focused freelancers and expert sources to tap for stories.
• You're able to seamlessly write in the Cosmo voice (including in your cover letter, cough cough, hint hint), and coach other writers you work with to do the same through your edits.
• You have a deep knowledge of analytics tools like Google Analytics and Google Data Studio and know how to use those tools to inform editorial decisions.
• You're a team player.