Service & News Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2022 12:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Service & News Editor, Enthusiast Group jobs in Easton-PA
Search all Service & News Editor, Enthusiast Group postings
Full Time Job
Hearst's Enthusiast Group-with great brands Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Best Products, and Bicycling-seeks an energetic, driven, and detail-obsessed service & news editor to find and create stories across our sites, magazines, social feeds, and all other channels. Working within our Service & News team, this editor will contribute to the overall content flow for digital and print magazines.
Specifically, you will serve as a vital part of the Runner's World and Bicycling brands on a daily basis. You should have knowledge or interest in cycling and/or running culture, tracking trends and news that our audience is engaging with and the products that make their performance better, and providing information that informs and helps our readers live healthier lives. You'll stand out by displaying a willingness to create and target content to surpass performance metrics-stories with a discrete goal such as user actions, affiliate revenue, audience development, and engagement-each day. A background in the core interests for each of our brands is highly recommended: health and fitness, nutrition, cycling culture, running culture.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
The role is based in the Enthusiast Group headquarters in Easton, Pennsylvania.
What you'll do:
• Under direction of the director of content operations and deputy editor, generate story ideas and write content that meets current performance metrics
• Stay on top of breaking news, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in our space
• Write and update stories on SEO-driven topics, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles
• Craft attention-grabbing headlines to reach our current audience while also thinking of how to reach new users
Who you are:
• You have 1 to 3 years of experience working for a digital media brand, ideally in the health/wellness/fitness space or at a service-oriented brand; experience in the biking and running space, or interest, is a big plus
• You are a strong writer and reporter who delivers clean, concise, and factually correct copy on deadline
• Able to pitch and report original pieces on a daily basis to meet overall content goals-including news, service, and evergreen
• Demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for health and wellness, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player
• Willing to adapt to fast-changing priorities
• Able to thrive under multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Bachelor's degree
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.