Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/24/2022 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Seo Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Seo Manager postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for a data-driven, content-loving strategist to help guide SEO efforts and support editors in the content they create that's part of the daily digital conversation. Part of the Editorial Insights and Strategy team, this role works closely with editors and writers to create publishing plans that cover a range of subjects - from today's cultural events, trends in beauty and fashion, and the latest celebrity news to deeply reported features, health advice, product reviews, food how-tos, home decor advice, and more.
Specifically, the SEO Specialist supports the search-focused editorial strategy for several of our lifestyle brands, and connects with those teams daily to direct and track their publishing efforts. This is a chance to work with some of the most well-known lifestyle media brands and support a group of hardworking, audience-first creatives, who produce content that reaches millions of users every month.
Please note: for consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with cover letter, salary requirements, and link to a portfolio of work.
• Help guide the day-to-day SEO strategy for 3-4 lifestyle brands in the Hearst Magazines portfolio, working directly with editors and writers across the teams on content optimization and best practices
• Execute monthly keyword research and recommendations, as well as longer-lead forward planning
• Regularly dig into the data and conduct competitive analysis to find content gaps, ID where we are losing ground, and propose new experiments or content areas to explore
• Stay on top of news and culture trends, and develop personalized news strategies that cater to unique teams/brands and different times of year
• Perform regular audits of meta information, URLs, internal linking, and other impactful SEO best practices
• Use Google Analytics, SEM Rush, and other SEO tools to ID trends, track performance, share wins, perform case studies, and find ways to iterate on successes. Superb analytical skills are a must!
• Stay on top of the industry news and search algorithm changes
• Keep tabs on other key metrics, such as commerce conversions, video views and membership subscriptions and their connection to SEO success
• At least one year of hands-on SEO/content strategy experience
• A passion for looking at the numbers and trying to figure out what 'works'; some experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics is ideal
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and excited to work in a fast-paced publishing environment
• Experience with essential SEO digital publishing and tracking tools, including Google Search Console, SEM Rush (or other similar research tools), Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, and digital content management systems
• A keen interest in the evolution of the search landscape and best practices, and how to implement the latest ethical techniques
• A lover of good storytelling
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.