Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Title: SEO Manager
Hearst Digital Media (HDM) is looking for a creative and 'in the know' talented SEO Manager to work with some of our top record-breaking magazine websites. Combined, these sites generate millions of visitors who are as obsessed with our brands as we are.
The Hearst SEO team works directly with editors at each brand to shape content strategy around the latest trends, hottest fashion, holiday must-haves, celebrity everything, political leaders, and everything in between.
• Create a unique SEO content strategy for each site that seamlessly mixes into their editorial calendar and voice. That includes traditional keyword ideas, but also identifying emerging trends, ever-changing seasonal opportunities, and innovative takes on what's buzzing.
• Conduct competitive analysis to find new content gaps as well as areas where we are losing ground to the competition, and create SEO strategies to fill those gaps.
• Build new SEO strategies from the ground up and get ready to train everyone and everything on all things SEO. That includes: editorial and technical best practices, SEO 101 trainings, how to insert SEO into almost everything an editor does day-to-day, and more.
• Stay on top of news and pop culture trends, and create personalized news strategies for each brand.
• Use our proprietary CMS to update meta information, URL creation, working on all sorts of internal linking, creating aggregated content pages and more.
• Use Google Analytics to track performance, share wins, and find ways to iterate on successes. Superb analytics skills are a must.
• Provide reporting to editors and stakeholders on a monthly basis, as well as pointing out trends in real time as they develop.
• Stay on top of the industry news and algorithm changes.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on SEO experience.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
• Must be a lover of journalism and familiar with the Hearst Digital Media brands.
• Analytics experience (GA preferred).
• Experience with Google Webmaster Tools.
• Experience working with a CMS.
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Must have a passion to stay current on SEO and to study, understand, and implement the latest ethical techniques.
Candidates must include their resume in .pdf or .doc format to be considered.