Seo Manager, Commerce
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2021 6:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Seo Manager, Commerce jobs in New York-NY
Search all Seo Manager, Commerce postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Seo Manager, Commerce? Your Impact
Hearst Magazines is looking for a data-driven, shopaholic, content-loving SEO to lead our team's commerce efforts with search as the backbone. As a member of the Enthusiast Group, this person will run the commerce x SEO strategy for Runner's World, BestProducts.com, Bicycling, and Popular Mechanics with the opportunity to reach more than 25 million users each month. This role works closely with editors and content leads to create daily, weekly, and monthly publishing plans that cover a wide range of commerce-forward subjects - from tools and consumer electronics, to running shoes and bike racks. This person will report to the Director of SEO and Commerce.
The ideal candidate will have multiple years experience working on an in-house SEO team with a desire to manage a content strategy and a team of writers. He or she should have demonstrated managerial skills and a flexible mindset - we pivot quickly. We expect to hire at least three commerce writers in Q4 and Q1 with room for more as needed. These writers will report directly to this person.
What you'll do
• Create a commerce content calendar for all 4 brands based on seasonal search trends, immediate high volume opportunities, and long-term brand goals.
• Identify and prioritize on-brand rising retail shopping trends and ensure speedy yet authoritative content creation. You'll manage this cycle of content creation.
• Keep tabs on content from assignment to publish and iterate on the process as needed. You'll manage the writers.
• Collaborate with our TEST team and staff experts for product suggestions, brand recommendations, insights, and guidance. We have decades of experience at our disposal and we embrace that to guarantee all content is authentic.
• Produce reports and decks for stakeholders. We thrive on data and you'll be in charge of making it digestible and actionable.
• Use Google Analytics and our DMP to identify traffic trends, revenue opportunities, and where we need to shift strategy.
• Work directly in our CMS to update content, manage retailers, and optimize for search and commerce.
• Assist all staff on commerce optimization outside of SEO-created content as needed.
• Analyze our templates, layouts, the CMS features and more to ensure all content is user-friendly, shoppable, search-forward, and displaying in the SERPs as intended.
Who you are
• You have a minimum of 3 years of recommending/creating Search-specific content
• You have a minimum of 1 year managing others
• You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Strong analytical skills
• You must be able to collaborate and foster positive relationships with colleagues
• You are extremely detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment
• You have experience with Google Webmaster Tools
• You have experience with Keyword Research Tools
• You have experience working within a CMS
• You are proficient in Excel
• You are proficient in Google Analytics
#LI-CYC This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.