Seo Health & Fitness Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Hearst's Enthusiast Group-with great brands Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Best Products, and Bicycling-seeks an energetic, driven, and detail-obsessed SEO Health & Fitness Editor to find, create, oversee, and distribute daily fitness and training stories and projects across our sites, magazines, social feeds, and all other channels. Working within our Service & News Team, the SEO Health & Fitness Editor will contribute to the overall content flow-crushing the necessary daily tasks while eagerly conceptualizing bigger pieces-for digital and print magazines across our various brands.
The ideal candidate is a smart content packager and skilled fitness writer who is open to new ideas and collaboration from various team members. You'll stand out by displaying a willingness to create and target content to surpass performance metrics-stories with a discrete goal such as user actions, affiliate revenue, audience development, and engagement-each day. A background in search-based content and the core interests for each of our brands is highly recommended: health and fitness, cycling culture, running culture.
Please note: this role is based in our Easton, PA offices. For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Under direction of the Health & Fitness Director, originate, edit, and publish weekly and monthly content that meets performance metrics.
• Produce stories on a flexible deadline while simultaneously creating longer feature-style stories/projects for our site, magazine, social feeds, and other channels.
• Execute on SEO-driven priorities, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles.
• Craft attention-grabbing headlines to reach our current audience while also thinking of how to reach new users.
• Help ideate and maintain an overall digital content calendar for short-lead stories and long-term content packages and projects.
Who You Are:
• You have at least 3-5 years experience working for a digital media or service-oriented brand, ideally in the health/wellness/fitness space.
• You have the ability to pitch and assign fitness-specific stories while also occasionally reporting original pieces to meet overall content goals.
• You have experience with SEO-based content and finding service angles from news or timely events.
• You have a keen sense of what's new and trending in the health/fitness space and an ability to find a brand-specific angle on timely topics. Bonus: you have a passion for running and/or cycling culture.
• You have demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS and working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Trends.
• You are agile and willing to adapt to fast-changing priorities.
• You thrive under multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
• You are open to collaboration between teams, have a positive, go-getter attitude, and the ability to embrace teamwork.
• A Bachelor's degree is required. Fitness or training certifications are preferred.
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.