SEO Editor, Good Housekeeping
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
GoodHousekeeping.com is seeking an SEO Editor with a background in search content strategy to develop and produce service-packed and informative editorial content that will grow organic search traffic for one of the world's largest women's lifestyle sites.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, the SEO editor will work closely with Hearst's SEO team as well as with the entire Good Housekeeping editorial team. This position will focus on monitoring and improving the SEO health of the site based on research and analytics, under direction from the SEO Manager. This person's job duties will also include writing and editing search-focused stories, in addition to SEO content planning, development, and execution.
The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to use data tools/analytics to inform content, as well as a strong drive to create engaging service content that offers a fresh, nuanced, and highly engaging approach to the brand's key service verticals: home, beauty, health, entertainment, product reviews/shopping, holidays, and more.
• Assist the SEO manager with strategy development and implementation, working with internal and external resources to develop strategic recommendations for improving search traffic.
• Monitor natural search traffic and ranking trends, and provide content optimization recommendations to editors in order to enforce best practices.
• Review daily content lineups to ensure internal linking and content optimization follows best practices.
• Produce/write/edit SEO content across verticals (2-5 pieces of content a day).
• Facilitate SEO strategy discussions and brainstorming sessions with print and web editors to identify opportunities that will translate into search traffic growth.
• Field day-to-day SEO questions from editors and writers.
• Assist with trainings in SEO best practices and tools, and managing SEO documentation.
• Assist with relevant SEO reporting and analysis, including keyword research, competitive gap analysis, tracking, and trend analysis.
• 4 years digital editorial experience, including 1-2 years experience in SEO strategy.
• Strong writing skills paired with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to express analytical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Obsessive knowledge of what's happening in the search engine industry (including ranking factors, best practices, industry standards, algorithms, and core SEO principals), as well as a keen understanding of the competition.
• Eye for packaging, including what is visually engaging and on-brand.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-packed environment, strong communication skills, and a proactive attitude.
• Proficiency with Google Analytics and SEMRush or similar SEO tracking tools