Seo & Content Strategy Specialist
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SEO & Content Strategist
Hearst Magazines is looking for a data-driven, content-loving strategist to help guide our portfolio's SEO efforts as we continue to grow our audience footprint and find new ways to join the daily digital conversation. As a member of the Editorial Insights and Strategy team, this role works closely with editors and content strategists to create publishing plans that cover a range of subjects - from today's political and cultural events, trends in beauty and fashion, and the latest celebrity news to deeply reported features, health advice, product reviews, food how-tos, and more.
Specifically, the SEO and Content Strategy manager leads the strategy for several of our brands including Country Living, House Beautiful, and Elle Decor, and partners with those teams daily to direct and track their search-focused content efforts.
This is a chance to work with some of the most well-known lifestyle media brands, partner with a best-in-class data and product organization, and support a group of hardworking, audience-first creatives, who produce content (written and video!) that reaches more than 250 million people a month.
• Own and execute the day-to-day SEO strategy for several lifestyle brands, working with editorial leadership and writers across the team
• Regularly dig into the data and conduct competitive analysis to find content gaps, ID where we are losing ground, and propose new experiments
• Support training editors and writers on all things SEO, including editorial and technical best practices, 101 trainings, and how to effectively optimize all kinds of content
• Stay on top of news and pop culture trends, and develop personalized news strategies that cater to unique teams/brands and different times of year
• Perform regular audits of meta information, URL, internal linking, and other SEO best practices
• Use Google Analytics, SEM Rush, and other SEO tools to ID trends, track performance, share wins, perform case studies, and find ways to iterate on successes. Superb analytical skills are a must!
• Partner with Hearst Magazine's product org to help guide the technical roadmap and ID ongoing, search-friendly enhancements
• Stay on top of the industry news and algorithm changes
• Provide ongoing insights and/or strategy debriefs to executive management and other teams internally, including tech, biz dev, sales, and others
• A minimum of 1-2 years of hands-on SEO experience
• A deep passion for data and looking for insights in numbers; experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics required
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and the ability to thrive in fast-paced publishing environment
• Experience with all the essential SEO digital publishing and tracking tools, including Google Webmaster, SEM Rush (or other similar research tools), search visibility trackers, Microsoft Excel, and digital content management systems
• A keen interest in the evolution of the search landscape and best practices, and how to implement the latest ethical techniques.
• A lover of good storytelling!
Candidates must include their resume in .pdf or .doc format to be considered.