Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/18/2020 9:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Engineer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer? Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a diverse, supportive community of engineers who are creating a modern content technology stack - built from the ground up - to give our users, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell amazing stories. We're using modern web technologies to do this, like Python, GraphQL, React, and Webpack. We're building an open, service-oriented platform driven by APIs, and believe in crafting simple, elegant solutions to complex technological and product problems. Our platform is built on AWS and Kubernetes with deployments automated through a Slack bot.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, primarily back-end, software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. The team you'll be working on is a small, autonomous team responsible for the distribution of articles and videos from our brands to partners such as Amazon, YouTube, Apple News, Google News, Yahoo, and MSN. You'll work with several different technologies - Python, Django, Postgres, and Redis to name a few. Our team works in an agile environment and we value collaboration and respect, learning new skills, and a high quality of work.
• Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire Hearst content platform
• Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, devops, and the editorial team
• 5 years of software engineering experience
• 2 years of Python experience
• Takes initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team
• Experience building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused
• Ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation
• Excited to mentor and collaborate with less experienced engineers
• Understanding of microservices architecture
• Experience building RESTful APIs
• Experience with Django
• Eager to learn any other languages/frameworks that apply
• PostgreSQL experience (or similar relational database)
• Familiarity with database performance tuning / caching strategies
Bonus Points for:
• Experience with large-scale/high-traffic systems
• Experience with job queueing
• Logging and monitoring tools
• GraphQL API integration
• Working in an Agile development team (Scrum preferred)
• Amazon AWS
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field
NA This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.