Senior Social Media Editor, Delish
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/16/2020 11:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Senior Social Media Editor, Delish jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Social Media Editor, Delish postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Social Media Editor, Delish? Delish, the fastest growing food site on the internet, is looking for a smart, funny, internet-obsessed Senior Social Media Editor to lead our social team. This person should be excited about the Delish brand and eager to create fun and vibrant content for our audience on social platforms. We want someone who's constantly experimenting on what works, and iterate on what we're doing in new/quirky/innovative ways.
This person should be well-versed in social strategy and have a strong sense of what works (and what doesn't) on social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube, and newsletters. They'll work closely with the editorial team on stories, helping make headlines sharable and sharp, as well as pull data, and develop and analyze social strategy with our Editorial Insights team. This is a full-time position is based in the Delish office in New York City.
• Craft social media-friendly headlines and schedule new content (including news, recipes, and videos) to be published across social channels
• Create social-first content for Instagram and Instagram Stories, with an eye towards growing an engaged, loyal audience
• Manage Delish's daily newsletter
• Monitor analytics constantly, give monthly reports and adjust the social lineup as needed
• Follow what's trending and share news as it happens with relevant editors
• Pitch and execute regular ideas for social video
• Work with in-house branded studio HearstMade on sponsored posts and initiatives
• At least 5-7 years' experience in digital media, ideally working for a food-centric or lifestyle brand
• Minimum 1-3 years managing a brand's social presence
• Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong sense of the Delish voice and audience
• Must have exceptional news judgement
• Be insatiably curious on emerging trends on social channels and larger trends within the millennial food space
• Knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, and Pinterest
• A passion for Delish; love of all things pickles preferred, but not required
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a quick cover letter and salary requirements This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.