Senior Producer, Harper's Bazaar
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/9/2023 7:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Producer, Harper's Bazaar jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Producer, Harper's Bazaar postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Harper's Bazaar is seeking a Senior Video Producer to oversee its slate of video content across platforms. This person is responsible for managing brand specific video projects which will include collaborating with producers, cinematographers, editors, and motion designers, working alongside brand, entertainment, development and partnership teams through the ideation, production, and post-production process while juggling multiple projects simultaneously. This role will act as the liaison between the Harper's Bazaar editorial team and the central video team. Ideal candidates are highly conceptual and have a strong vision for experimenting with formats and visual story telling. They should have a keen understanding of the digital landscape as well as a strong drive to create fresh, nuanced, and highly engaging video content. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be willing to pivot seamlessly to emerging trends and platforms. In addition to having a great eye and smart ideas, this person should have experience producing and directing A-List celebrities, up and coming talent, and everyday people. Harper's Bazaar is the nation's longest-publishing fashion magazine, with a legacy of elevated imagery and groundbreaking aesthetics. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the brand, passionate about the fashion landscape, and fluent in the visual language of luxury.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a link to a reel.
What You'll Do:
• Work hands on to create new video franchises across content verticals (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and emerging platforms), working with the editorial and central teams to identify opportunities that will translate into compelling video storytelling??
• Manage video creative cross brand and platform.?
• Book/hire freelancers as needed for various projects with PM.?
• Work alongside the post-production team (give notes and feedback on various edits, GFX, etc.) to ensure editorial notes are met.
• Manage video production budget with PM to maximize resources for creating new content.??
Who You Are:
• 6-8 years of production experience in both traditional and digital video
• Experience working in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle content is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to produce internet-forward/highly engaging short and long-form video content
• Creative thinker with a keen eye for engaging visual storytelling
• Innovator with the ability to find new ways to present digital video content
• Passion and interest in multiple genres and obsessive knowledge of the digital video and multimedia landscape, with a keen understanding of the competition
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and other Creative Suite products a plus
• Exceptional eye for lighting and visual elements
• Natural problem solver?
• Results driven with the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
The base salary for this role is between $83,000 and $96,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.