Senior Motion Designer
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Digital Media Video, a unit of Hearst Magazines, seeks a talented motion designer to join our team of video professionals. The right candidate will be a passionate creative who knows how to communicate, conceptualize, design, create treatments, and execute high quality motion graphics for editorial & sponsored web video content for our digital magazine properties & their advertisers.
The ideal candidate will be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite -with a large emphasis on After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Creating and compositing high end 2D Animations for short-form digital video
• Working independently with producers and creative directors to determine a project's creative & technical needs to propose best solutions
• Understanding & translating a variety of brand identities in to high quality motion graphics
• Keeping up with a fast-paced work environment and delivering animations under tight deadlines
• Keeping project files organized, managing renders, and maintaining quality control.
• Passionate and enthusiastic for animation and motion design
• Strong design, animation and typography skills
• Must be proficient in After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator
• Solid designer with quick turn around skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Self-motivated and able to engage well in a team environment
• Quick to understand a brief and produce storyboards
• Experience working on multiple projects at the same time
• Experience with corporate work creative editorial work
• Specialty in 2D graphics but with knowledge and understanding of 3D space