Senior Manager, Commerce Partnerships
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines Digital Media is looking for a Senior Manager, Commerce Partnerships in New York, NY. This person will help drive our commerce and affiliate marketing initiatives across our growing and diverse portfolio of 25 titles, including Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Delish, Good Housekeeping, and Men's Health. This position will report to the Director of Partnerships & Commerce.
The ideal candidate is ready to roll up his or her sleeves and lead brainstorms, dig into data, and develop strategic insights to help us answer questions such as:
• What content is most efficiently converting readers into purchasers and why?
• What are the potential growth areas we haven't tapped into yet?
• What retailers should we be working with and how?
• What tools do our teams need to more effectively generate commerce revenue?
• What products are our readers interested in right now and how do we capitalize on that?
• Negotiate and launch new affiliate partnerships on behalf of Hearst's brands
• Have a deep understanding of our existing commerce partnerships, tools, and offerings; communicate these to potential partners and internal stakeholders
• Serve as the internal expert and a proactively teach teams how to make better data-driven decisions and use available tools/reports
• Track performance of commerce content and partnerships; share feedback with editors and monitor gains and losses
• Work with editorial teams to develop, test, and track new content franchises and share learnings to other teams across the org
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including audience, business development, editorial, product, marketing, and more to develop new projects and vet opportunities
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years experience in a business development, content strategy, or affiliate marketing role, preferably at a digital media company
• Highly detail and solutions-oriented, approaches problems creatively
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and is comfortable working independently
• Well-versed in building strong relationships with colleagues and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Experienced in analyzing data, interpreting results, and building digestible reports in Excel, Google Slides, and other BI tools